Monday, April 2, 2012

Soap nuts, just bag it

ok, even though I love the ease of use of the liquid detergent made by the soap nuts, and the flexibility of using hot or cold water, chasing triplet toddlers around every day doesn't allow me the time to make it when I run low.  This is something I wish someone had told me about soap nuts, the little secret that helps when you need to just throw 5 +/- soap nuts in a bag and just keep the laundry going....

When the bag no longer has that odd, described 'vinegar' smell and just smells like an over washed stick then it is time to retire those nuts.  The odd smell of the nuts actually leaves your laundry smelling just clean and not like the odd, unfavorable smell the nuts themselves have.  If the bag is on it's 4+ cycle of use and smell has shifted, well, that is what your clothes will smell like.

I've read that the nuts will turn grey or mushy when they have reached their maximum washing capacity but I have never found this useful.  If they lose their characteristic smell then they are done, pretty simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment