Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter craft fun

Hand print Easter Chicks
While looking for some fun Easter crafts to do with the kids I found this adorable chicken and decided to make some of our own.  Here is our version which ended up looking like some very kooky, active chicks, one of a kind for sure and yet wicked cute -



Before the kids went down for their naps I traced their hands so I could pre-cut all the pieces.  I cut enough of the following shapes so each kid could make 3 chicks each -
- oval chick shapes
- round eye whites
- round eyes (I cut brown and blue to coordinate with each kids eye colors)
- orange rectangle legs
- orange triangle cut from folded orange 
- orange triangle feet



I gave each a little pot of glue & a paint brush and we assembled our chicks piece by piece which turned out to be a good lesson to talk about shapes.  By the 3rd set the kids were definitely more interested in painting the glue than making the chicks but we did end up with a set for each of the grandparents and most importantly one for mom. 

Thumb bunny Easter greeting
The chicks were a little time consuming  so we did a quicker Easter greeting for the extended family. Single thumb print bunnies and having triplets we ended up with a nice little set of 3 bunnies per card.  I pre-cut cardstock to fit into a greeting card and stamped each of their thumbs.  After they dried I added whiskers, a pink nose and an Easter message, some variation of 'Thumb bunnies wanted to wish you a Happy Easter', 'Hoppy Easter' and 'Thumb bunnies miss you!'.


No comments:

Post a Comment