Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Peanut Butter cookies with Nutella

A few months ago I made this nutella banana bread.  It was quite yummy to say the least.  Craving something that would be a little different and yet fairly quick and easy to cook, I thought mmmmm.... good ol' fashion peanut butter cookies with nutella!  Ultimately the picture in my head was the PB cookie w/the Hershey's kiss in it. Using my stand by Better Homes & Garden cook book recipe for the cookies it was then just a matter of how to incorporate the nutella.  I have no idea how nutella cooks so I went safe and baked the cookies for the first 8min of 12min total cooking time.  I had balls of dough that I either made a volcano like depression in or used a fork and did the criss cross pattern that I grew up with.  At 8min I pulled the cookies and added the nutella, a dollop on each, I figured the criss cross pattern would make a little place holder in the cookie to keep the run off contained should the nutella just melt.  Since I was additionally worried about the melt off I went ahead and stuck a non nutella cookie on a couple, sandwich like. 

Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter or nutella like my husband, he loved both varieties.  I liked the sandwich one better yielding to a nice balance of a peanut butter cookie with a nice surprise inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment