Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Milk shakes, back to the basics

Summer heat, lack of inspiration and kids without much of an appetite led me back to my childhood and a favorite snack, milkshakes!  Easy, cool and a yummy afternoon treat how can you go wrong?

Get your blender ready.....
Toss in a handful of Ice
Milk, it is a milk shake after all, I would say I put up to about 2/3 of the ice with milk
handful of strawberries or other fruit

When I was a kid I liked making banana milk shakes but the bananas always seemed to be green, having no patience I would just throw in a little sugar to off set the bitter, green banana taste.  With all the diets and low calorie recipes out there I'm pretty sure a simple ice, milk, fruit shake keeps the calories low and taste high.

No comments:

Post a Comment