Friday, May 11, 2012

Super quick, super yummy mini quiche


ok, so I felt like a gourmet chef when I pulled off these mini quiches recently.  I found some mini pastry shells in the freezer that were leftover from making mini pumpkin tarts for Thanksgiving, yes that old.  The pack was unopened so I figured they couldn't be that bad.  I happened upon this Martha Stewart recipe which I used for inspiration.  What I took from it was that all I needed to do was prep eggs like I was going to make an omelet.  I whisked together 6 eggs, some milk & cheddar cheese, meanwhile I steamed broccoli in the microwave for 6min.  After mixing the broccoli with the eggs I spooned the mixture into the tarts, sprinkled w/more cheddar cheese and topped w/a cherry tomato cut in half since I had them  it gave them a finished look (pre-baked pictured, I forgot to take the fully baked shot).  The MS recipe called for baking for 400 degrees for 12-15min.  I found that I needed to bake them for a lot longer, closer to 30min.

Anyone can do this and they were delicious!  just mix up your favorite omelet, put them in mini pastry shells and throw them in the oven.  I foresee pulling off mini quiches for many future events, they really are perfect for brunches, baby showers, mother's day and for us it made for a really fun dinner that night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment