Monday, May 21, 2012

Our first home made I Spy books

The kids had fun with this activity, it was only because I ran out of contact paper that we didn't do more pages.  I spent a lot of time scouring weekly sales flyers and clipping pictures that the kids could relate to, ladders, fruits, vegetables, wheelbarrows, tents, flowers and the list goes on.

Misc 012  Misc 003 
 Misc 002Misc 008 (2)
Clear contact paper from the Dollar store that I cut into little book sizes worked perfect as I knew sticking the pictures to the sticky paper would be easy for the kids.  Also, using contact paper avoided any glue mess.  I taped the pages to the table sticky side, put the clippings in reach of the three kids and added kids! 
During nap time, I covered each page with another sheet of contact paper and added color backs with double sided tape.  The kids love their 'I spy' books!  We'll continue to add more pages as time goes on but for now everyone is happy with their two page books because they made them all by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment