Thursday, July 5, 2012

Easy, edible thank you


I love my 'I'm so brilliant' moments. Our landlady helped watch over our two cats while we were on vacation last week and we were at a loss as how to thank her. She's older and has her own business and done well for her self, translate has everything she wants/needs and doesn't need some silly souvenir from our vacation.  The sun is shining, finally, and it is a beautiful summer day so I decided to bring a little taste of summer to her and made an Edible Fruit Bouquet.


 

It was super easy to put together.  I ran by the Dollar store and bought a really cute painted, terracotta pot and some wood skewer sticks then on to the grocery store for fruit.  Admittedly, I did buy canned pineapple as I thought it would help me get it done faster since it would already be in a nice round shape but they were too thinly sliced and hard to work with.  Also, the raspberries & kiwi didn't hold up well, they were too fragile.  What did work was cantaloupe for adding bulk, mainly in the middle of the bouquet, strawberries, orange slices & blueberries

I ran cling wrap over the top of the pot and secured it with a rubber band which I then tied a pretty bow around it to cover it up.  Poking the skewers through the cling wrap worked well and added a little security to hold everything together.  I'm not sure how to change this for the future if I make another.  Also, the flower pot I bought was great since it was a pot & saucer in one so it added weight to the base, I imagine just a pot might tip over easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment