Monday, July 4, 2011

The Den begins

Having just relocated to Vancouver, B.C. from Los Angeles with our 22 month old triplets and 2 cats just over a month ago we are finally getting settled in our rental house. My husband has the prime location for his man cave, upstairs where there is a very good sized room and the rest of the activity and living in the house is done on the first main floor. There is a dining room turned playroom, kitchen, living room and two bedrooms so the creativity in where I could have a space to call my own began. Currently the thinking is to have it in our bedroom, where I can take over half of the room. I'm on board w/this as is my husband! Great start.

The base of the Den needed to be a desk I had decided. After desperately searching Craig's list and a 2nd hand shop for a few weeks I finally located THE desk. Yesterday I went to the used furniture shop to purchase it. On making a simple inquiry about the desk the price dropped to $10(!). As there would be great damage to my vehicle since the desk was huge and heavy I had it delivered, that and the drop in price now covered the delivery. My husband, being very supportive of me having my own space gladly helped move furniture around in our room to open up the corner area where my Den will be. We, with a lot of effort as again it is a very heavy well made desk, pushed it into our bedroom. Well, no, we pushed it to the door of the room only to find that it was too big by just over an inch :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment